Get it straight with all these fantastic straightening products. Kick the frizz and go board straight!
Tips for Straightening While Keeping it Healthy!
- Wash with a regular shampoo that will remove buildup or at least prevent it.
- Use a good conditioner that will not weigh the hair down, but still will condition it.
- Once out of the shower, wring hair out until it doesn't drip anymore, then dry as much as possible with a towel.
- Apply a little bit of straightening gel before blow drying and in between towel drying.
- Blow dry by taking sections at a time and with a flat brush. It takes a while to master exactly how to straighten accurately but it's worth it.
- Use a little bit of gel, cream or something to keep it straight and non-frizzy.
- It should last about 2 days, depending on temperatures.
Quick Tips for Straightening with a Flat Iron
Everyone knows the fastest and easiest way to get straight hair is with a flat iron. Here are some tips to make sure you get the best results from your flat iron, every time!
- Always make sure your flat iron plates are clean! Use a soft damp cloth on a cool iron to wipe away any residue.
- Allow your flat iron to fully heat up to set temperature before styling.
- Blow dry hair straight before straightening hair and makes sure hair is completely dry before straightening to avoid burning.
- Use a heat protectant styling aid to keep hair healthy when using heated styling tools.
- Section hair into layers so you can start with the back bottom layers of your hair and work your way up and around the head.
- Straighten 1 inch sections of hair at a time.
- Glide the iron slowly down the section of hair best results and to avoid having to go over the section of hair more than once.
- If you hair is super curly, follow a comb with your flat iron down the section of hair during straightening to help smooth the hair.
- Do not clamp the flat iron plates too tightly but do make sure you have a good grip on the hair as the pressure of the plates combined with the heat of the iron is what straightens the hair.
- Make sure you are using a good flat iron! Check out our Flat Iron Page for tips on picking out the right flat iron for you.