Marcia Teixeira Brazilian Keratin Treatment is the original Brazilian Keratin Treatment. It gently softens curl and conditions dry, over-processed, damaged hair leaving hair frizz free, beautiful, healthy, and shiny.
Keratin is a type of protein high in sulpher and the amino acid cystine, making it tough elastic and soluble. Keratin is the main protective substance in our hair, skin and nails. Marcia Teixeira has developed their Brazilian Keratin Treatment to infuse the hair with keratin. The smaller keratin molecules penetrate the hair cortex improving and repairing the quality of the hair from the inside. Keratin fills in the gaps between the cuticle and the hair shaft and is the sealed with a high heat flat iron. This eliminates the frizz, adds strength and elasticity, and at the same time achieves the straightening effect because the added weight of the keratin smooth and weighs down each strand of hair. The larger keratin molecules coat the hair cuticle on the outside and protect it from environmental damage from things such as UV rays, smog and other pollutants.
Marcia Teixeira Brazilian Keratin Treatment is recommended for Caucasian, Asian and fine hair types. Their products are manufactured in an FDA approved laboratory according to all FDA guidelines and OSHA regulations for the use of formaldehyde in the work place.
THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR LICENSED COSMETOLOGISTS ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE USE OF THIS COMPLEX PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HAIR STYLIST TO SEE WHERE THE TREATMENT IS AVAILABLE AS NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THIS ITEM
- Step 1 -- After analyzing the scalp and hair, prepare your client for a shampoo. Place a shampoo cape and towel around your client's neck. Was the hair twice with a clarifying shampoo. When doing the Marcia Teixeira Treatment on virgin hair (not previously colored or chemically processed), we recommend doing 3 thorough shampoos with a mixture of equal parts pre-treatment shampoo and 20 volume peroxide to help the hair become more porous, enabling it to better adsorb the product.
- Step 2 -- Without removing the shampoo cape, sit your client in the chair and begin drying the hair without combing or brushing. You can dry free style until you see and feel that the hair is 100% dry. It is very important for the hair to be completely dry and free of moisture before applying the product.
- Step 3 -- In this step, you will apply a minimum of 3 ounces of the treatment to average sized hair (Adjust amount according to the length and amount of hair.) Warning: Use of less than the minimum required amount of product may result in hair damage by flat iron. Wearing gloves, shake the bottle well and pour the product into a bowl. Section the hair into 3 sections with a medium tooth comb. Starting from the nape, carefully apply the product so as to avoid any contact with skin or eyes. Apply the product about 1/2 inch away from the scalp and comb down the hair shaft. Make 1 inch sections and apply the product with a brush as if you were applying a color. Brush and then comb the hair. Finish the back and then do the sides last. Do not over saturate the hair with product because that will only be a waste of product.
- Step 4 -- You will need a blow dryer and a mask (optional) for you and your client for this step. It is very important to set the blow dryer to medium heat or cold. Do NOT use high heat for this step. Using a vent brush, begin at the nape and blow dry the product onto the hair, working your way up and through the sides until the entire head is dry. Always point the dryer away from your client's face to avoid any odor or fumes going directly at them. During this step, you do not have to focus on straightening the hair, only on drying the product onto the hair. Dry the hair 100%.
- Step 5 -- Remove your gloves and the cape from your client. You will need a flat iron that will reach a temperature of 450 F (critical to the process), a small tooth flat iron, a fine tooth comb, and a style cape. After you prepare your client for this step, make sure both you and your client are still wearing masks (optional), and put ear protectors on your clients ears. Part the hair into 3 large sections. You are now ready to begin straightening the hair. Starting from the nape area, make a 1 1/2 inch section. Use the small tooth iron at the hair line and then use the 450 F flat iron. To finish up, you can go over each section until you see the shine and smoothness desired. Do not worry if you have to go over the same section 5, 6, or even 10 times. Assuming that you have applied the correct minimum amount of product (see step 3), you will not damage or burn the hair because the Brazilian Keratin Treatment contains a thermal protector. Plus, dont forget to use the Magic Tape (Your instructor will explain the benefits of the Magic Tape.). Always ask your client how they like their hair to be styled, (straight, or slightly under), which way they like it to be parted, if they want bangs, etc. Finish the back and then do the sides and you are done.
Marcia Teixeira Brazilian Keratin Treatment DOs and DON'Ts
- Wear hair down all the time.
- Use blow dryer or flat iron as needed (in case of hair getting wet during the 4 day period).
- Wear a silk scarf to pull hair away from your face.
- Dont wash the hair for 4 days.
- Dont tie hair into pony tail.
- Dont use hair clips.
- Dont use hair bands.
- Dont sweat; Avoid working out and/or swimming.
- Dont put hair behind ears.
- Dont use bobby pins in hair.
- Dont use glasses to to hold the hair back.
- DONT USE SHAMPOOS OR CONDITIONERS THAT CONTAIN SODIUM CHLORIDE OR SULFATES.